I got an email from our case worker (cw) on Friday telling me to call her asap about a possible foster placement. When I called she told me that they are 2 brothers - ages 8 months and 2 years - Hispanic and are currently placed with family. Apparently the family member they are with has a history with CPS (so how did they end up there to begin with??) so CPS is moving them. We agreed to take them even though they are out of the same county as our son. This county is an hour and a half drive which means birth parent visits will be a pain in the butt.
The CPS worker is supposed to be picking them up today and will bring them to our house tonight. I haven't told our son because most of the placements we're called on fall-through. I don't want to get his hopes up.
It will be very weird to go from one kid to 3 in a matter of minutes. My car will not hold that many car seats/boosters so I don't know what I'm going to do. I suppose I'll drive J's truck (4 door) until we figure out how long the placement will be. If it's going to be at least 6 months I think we're going to look into getting a mini van.
Boy, if my high school self could see me now, I'd probably laugh my butt off!