Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A New Start?

Our foster care worker called J over the weekend. She apologized for how we were treated when they moved T from our home and said that they shouldn't have moved the girls. She wants to know if we still want to do foster care.

?

J and I talked about it and we've decided that we would like to continue to do foster care - but only for babies. Being that we had so many issues with the school (and that we have no plans on moving anytime soon), we're not ready for a school-aged child. Plus, babies don't lie.

So now my brain is working overtime. I've got baby vision. We had given the crib and excersaucer back to J's sister (she needed it for her baby) and had packed away all the baby clothes / blankets / bottles / toys. We've already found the crib and excersaucer we want to buy. I'm excited already.

I just need her to call me back. Then I think we need one class before our home will be open for placements again.

I hope we don't regret this.

No comments: