Friday, January 19, 2007

Crochet Catch Up

For some reason, the autumn season seems to bring on crafty projects for me. In 2005, I had just gotten my sewing machine for my birthday and I was busy sewing October through December. This past November, I learned how to crochet. My first project was (of course) a potholder...

After that I was feeling pretty confident and since we had the girls, D & P, I made a baby afghan. The weird thing is that I apparently made up the stitch. I thought I was doing a double crochet but after showing my mom and my sister and then consulting several books, it was determined that I created my own stitch.














By the time I finished it, we no longer had the girls. So, I moved on to smaller projects - at first, ponchos...

















And then I moved on to hats. Unfortunately, I haven't taken photos of every hat but here are two...



I think my next project will be another poncho - a style similar to the green one.
Sorry for the crappy photos - they were all taken with my camera phone.

No comments: